A mouth guard (sometimes referred to as a dental guard or teeth guard) is designed specifically to protect the mouth from impact. After an impression is made of the teeth, the mouth guard is formed using a specialized laminated vinyl. This makes it exceptionally strong and durable.
A custom-made sport guard can reduce injury by up to 90%. Athletes of every skill level use custom fitted mouth guards for maximum protection from injury, while still maintaining the ability to speak clearly and breathe properly due to enhanced comfort and fit.
Custom-fitted mouth guards surpass typical boil-and-bite mouth guards because they fit better and retain their shape longer. Thin and comfortable, they continue to protect the mouth much longer than non-custom fit mouth guards, which tend to wear out quickly.
If you’re gearing up for game season, we would like to provide you with a free mouth guard to protect your smile. Sports guards are an essential piece of every athlete’s equipment whether you’re playing hockey, football, soccer, MMA, lacrosse or any sport that requires a teeth guard.
We care about your safety and don’t want the price to inhibit you from making the best decision for the protection of your smile, which is why we’re offering you a free mouth guard in Mississauga. We can create your custom mouth guard in either one of our dental offices in Mississauga and Barrie.
How are Custom Mouthguards made?
1. A tray is fitted to your mouth and prepared for the impression material.
2. The impression material is mixed and loaded into the selected tray for the impression of your teeth.
3. The tray with the material is inserted and as it sets, your teeth are “copied”. This process takes less than a minute to complete.
4. Once the impression material sets, the tray is taken out and we now have a copy of your teeth.
5. Stone plaster is poured into the impression and allowed to harden to make a stone model of your teeth.
6. Once the model has hardened, we can trim it to size in order to fabricate the mouthguard.
7. The model of your teeth is placed onto the tray of the Sta-Vac machine where the template of the mouthguard is placed as well.
8. The heat from the Sta-Vac warms up the mouthguard template and is then vacuumed over the stone model.
9. Once the form has taken shape and adhered to the model we can remove the it from the Sta-Vac unit.
10. Upon setting completely, the template can be removed from the model.
11. The template is trimmed and polished to take shape of the mouthguard that will be inserted into your mouth to protect your teeth.
12. The doctor will sit with you and explain how to properly use and care for your protective custom appliance.
13. The fit and protective factor is approved by the dentist.
14. Your custom fitted mouthguard is now yours to enjoy and protect your beautiful teeth!