The following is a list of direct benefits of wearing a dental custom mouth guard:
- Reduces the risk of concussion from blows to the head and around the mouth.
- Protects the tongue, lips and mouth from cuts by the upper teeth.
- Improves athlete performance during competition with increased air flow.
- Minimizes the possibility of jaw fractures by absorbing the impact from a hit.
- Reduces the risk of injury to molar teeth from a lower jaw impact. These impacts can cause fractures to the tooth’s chewing surface and roots if not wearing a mouth guard.
- Provides peace of mind from the possibility of injury; giving athletes more confidence to focus on training and technique.
- Offers an added layer of protection to athletes in active orthodontic treatment.
- Suitable for all types of sports.
- When cared for properly, will last for more than a year.
Check out how you can get a free mouth guard as part of our athlete protection program in the Mississauga, Ontario area.
Learn How Custom Mouth Guards Are Made